Welcome to the Wayne State University Planetarium.
The WSU Planetarium is an astronomical education resource for Wayne State University students and the larger Detroit community. In addition to hosting shows for WSU Astronomy and Physics courses we offer:
- Free public planetarium shows nearly every Friday night at 7pm and 8:30pm
- Free young astronomers planetarium shows one Saturday morning per month
- Free shows for WSU student organizations, classes and other campus entities
- Private planetarium shows and/or physics demonstrations for school groups of all ages
- Private planetarium shows for all other interested groups, including birthday parties, after-school groups, scouting groups and more.
- Public Science lectures each month
- Additionally, the planetarium space can be reserved by WSU groups and classes for their own special events when not in use.
For more information on reserving the planetarium for your event, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Free Public Planetarium Shows
- Free public planetarium shows are held most Fridays at 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. 2/3 of our 60 seats may be reserved using Eventbrite beginning at noon the Sunday before the show. The other 20 tickets will be available at the door for walk-ins. Ticketed guests that are not at the planetarium 10 minutes before show time will have their seats released to walk-in guests.
- Free Young Astronomer shows are offered one Saturday morning per month. These shows are geared towards children under 10 and their families. 2/3 of our seats may be reserved using Eventbrite beginning at noon the Sunday before the show. The final 1/3 of tickets will be available at the door for walk-ins. Ticketed guests that are not at the planetarium 10 minutes before show time will have their seats released to walk-in guests.
Please see our FAQ for information about what to expect at planetarium shows. Public shows are free and open to everyone. Due to recent interest, we recommend you reserve seats if you are coming from a distance.
There will be no show on March 16th due to WSU Spring Break.
Science Under the Dome will be held Wednesday March 7th at 7pm. Professor B. Cameron Reed (Emeritus - Dept of Physics Alma College) will present The Manhattan Project: How Nuclear Physics Changed the World.