Camp Cosmos is a two-week-long astronomy and astrophysics camp for students ages 12 to 15.
Hosted in the Wayne State Planetarium, participants will investigate the night sky and learn about:
- Starry Night (the software used to create planetarium shows)
- NASA space science
Other explored topics include:
- Interesting aspects of the solar system
- Milky Way Galaxy and the universe beyond
- Stellar evolution, neutron stars, black holes and supernovas
- Big bang, galaxies, cosmology and current frontier mysteries like dark matter and dark energy
Participants will enjoy many hands-on activities during the camp and special experiences such as visits to the WSU fitness and recreation center.
For more information, contact 313-577-6455 or firstname.lastname@example.org.